brain dust

The Absolute.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

DotNetNuke - The Web of the Future > Home ( DNN 3.0.12 ) - Just not yet!

DotNetNuke - The Web of the Future > Home ( DNN 3.0.12 )

I would like to start off by stating that I like all of the concepts of DNN. I like DNN for personal use, but maybe not as a container for such an ambitious application that I was given.

I have been playing around with DNN for several weeks now. My final opinion- use it at your own risk. This week alone I have had to reload the application from scratch (DNN 3.0.12) because some funky situation happened that completely locked my application with some generic error message.

After discussing this with my bosses (yeah, most of us have them ;)), we have decided to write our own. I will now shift my discussion to the new application architecture that I am about to embark on. I have used bits and pieces of it before, but not in one giant app like this. Unfortunately, since I am writhing this on the behalf of my employer I cannot divulge any real source code, only snippets. Maybe we will sell it someday as an architecture ;).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home