brain dust

The Absolute.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Oh technology, where art thou?

I was recently shopping at my local food market, which to my previous joy has embraced technology to the fullest. They offer shopping online, local regional next day delivery and pseudo-self checkout (explained down below). But I question if it will ever work.

The shopping online has one major flaw... the lack of true integration with the actual store. I have at times, had my wife shopping online and unable to find a certain product. I then go to the same store where our delivery actually comes from and what do you know, it seems to be there! Uhh... can we say disconnect?

But that seems to be a predominate difference of online stores verses the brick and mortar stores. I don't know what causes this phenomenon, but I can always find a better selection in the brick and mortar. Why? I think it's just pure laziness. I think retailers really think that this online thing is just a fad, and will too fade.

The other issue is one of self service. Look back to the days when you didn't get out pumping your own gas. Maybe the same transition will happen to self service grocery stores too. I sure hope so.

So, last night I was in this store. I was buying enough lunch and breakfast stuff to get us through a couple of days since my wife is sick and hasn’t been able to. This store that I went to has four self service check out stands. But I found myself seething in the fact that this 40 something mother of 2.5 kids was having an issue working the thing. I think they are a marvel of modern technology and when no one else is in line in front of me they save me tons of time and effort. This lady couldn't seem to grasp that she has to first scan the item's bar code and second place it in a bag! She should not have been allowed to use it at 6pm on the busiest shopping night of the week.

So, my question: Is this a case of technology helping or just really slowing us down? I mean, what's better, waiting on some lady to figure something this simple out, or can the store just hire more knowledgeable and efficient cashiers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home